Bicentenary of St Brendan’s Church, Bantry

The foundation stone of the Church of Ireland parish Church in Bantry, County Cork, was laid two hundred years ago this month on 23rd October, 1818. To mark the millennium in 2000, the Church was dedicated afresh as the Church of St Brendan the Navigator, Bantry. A statue of Saint Brendan the Navigator stands on Wolfe Tone Square in Bantry outside the church.
 
On Sunday 7th October, the Dedication Festival, the Bishop of Cork, the Right Reverend Dr Paul Colton, visited the parish, and presided and preached at the bicentenary festival Eucharist. To mark the bicentenary a parishioner kindly restored a…

Read full article at ireland.anglican.org


Submit a Comment