On a thankfully pleasant Saturday 4 September, St John’s Upper Kilwarlin, hosted a ‘Vintage Tea Party’ in the rectory grounds in aid of their new parochial hall.
“It was our first public ‘Fundraising and Fellowship’ event since the beginning of the pandemic,” writes Alan Woods, “and we were very grateful for such a large attendance. We were particularly pleased to welcome many first time visitors to St. John’s.
“Friends and neighbours kindly provided some vintage vehicles, including a blue 1963 Singer Gazelle, two Spanish Bultaco motorbikes (1961/1977), and three tractors.
“The oldest tractor was a 1938…