Heritage Lottery Fund supports Priory Church restoration

One of the historic churches on a site linked with early Christian settlements and a monastic order on Devenish Island is currently undergoing a significant restoration project on its stonework to protect it for future generations.

The Priory Church is one of two Church of Ireland parishes in the grouping of Trory and Killadeas in Clogher Diocese. Built in 1881, the church stands on a site with an adjacent churchyard which contains elaborately–carved stones nearing pre–Christian symbolism. Stones from a previous church building known as the Yellow Church, because of the colour of the stonework, were incorporated into the archway which…

Read full article at ireland.anglican.org


Submit a Comment